Maintaining a beautiful yard isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. If your yard has hedges, bushes, or shrubs that need regular pruning maintenance, you’ll likely be forced to either pay someone a lot of money to maintain them, or invest in the right equipment to get the job done yourself.
If you’re the kind of person who likes DIY projects and maintaining their own yard, choosing the right gas powered hedge trimmer isn’t always easy. Arguably, they’re more practical than electric versions which rely on dragging an extension cord around, but they do require a bit more maintenance and operating costs since they run off of gasoline. Today I’m going to help you find which one is right for you – let’s dive deeper.
Poulan Pro PP2822
The Poulan Pro PP2822 is a gas-powered hedge trimmer that boasts a cutting length of 22 inches with it’s double-sided serrated blades running on a 28cc engine. This gives you an effortless way to prune and/or trim any row of hedges without much effort.
It comes included with a swivel position handle that allows for a comfortable grip each time you change your position. These features are nothing new on an electric hedge trimmer, but the one major difference is that the PP2822 is powered by a heavy-duty gas motor. It packs a lot of power for it’s size and is one that’s definitely worth looking into if you’re in the market for a new hedge trimmer.
- Powered by Gas – Gives you the professional cutting power that you need.
- Cordless – No need to worry about tripping over a cord or being close to a power outlet.
- 28cc Engine – Powerful enough for large tasks, but can be used for any project.
- Dual-Sided Serrated Blades – Efficient cutting power that excels where less-powerful trimmers peter out.
- Swivel Handle – An added comfort feature that gives you a wider range of use.
- Lightweight – Easy to maneuver and operate without fatigue.
The Poulan Pro PP2822 runs on gas so there’s no need for electrical cords that could possibly trip you as you make your way around the yard. The 28cc engine is powerful enough to help you cut through thick hedges, and provides the dual-sided serrated blades for efficient results each and every time you put it to use. Additionally, these steel blades are durable enough that they can last for several years to come without the need of replacement.
Comfort is something that we all desire when doing work around the yard. Since the PP2822 has a swivel handle and is very lightweight, it’s easy to see how you’d be able to use it for several hours without tiring out. This makes it an ideal choice for those who aren’t keen on lugging around a heavy piece of equipment to maintain a beautiful hedge. Overall, it makes a great investment that’s suitable for moderate to professional use.
Poulan Pro 25HHT
- Quiet 25cc engine. Powerful, but not too loud.
- All-position carburetor.
- Hardened double-edged 22-inch steel blade.
- Anti-vibration feature.
- Comfortable wrap-around handle that’s designed to help reduce fatigue.
- Long lifespan for engine. Maintain with proper fluid changes and you can expect it to operate just like new for several years to come.
- Variable speed trigger. Cut at your desired speed with the push of a trigger.
- Measures 41 inches long with a width of 11 inches and a height of 10.5 inches.
- Weighs 15 pounds. Lightweight for easy use even if you don’t have a lot of strength.
- Comes with a two-year warranty that gives you peace of mind about your investment.
The quiet 25cc engine is not only ideal for heavy duty trimming but also produces less noise compared to other brands. The all-position carburetor makes it easy for you to work with the machine especially when changing your position. You can use it vertically or horizontally, and even upside-down without choking it up or causing it to cut improperly.
The Poulon Pro 25HHT requires only minimal effort while cutting through hedges since the hardened double-edged steel blade have the ability to cut through any diameter of up to ¾ inch. This means that trimming jobs can be completed much faster since the powerful blades can work across large shrubs without any hiccups.
With the anti-vibration feature, you don’t need to excessively tighten your grip to hold it in place and trim properly. This saves plenty of your own energy to complete larger tasks than ever before, ideal for those with large yards.
Another great feature that’s worth elaborating on is the variable speed trigger. It’s specifically designed to help you to control the cutting speed without giving the motor too much power. This is perfect if you’re one who desires precise cutting for detailed trimming jobs.
Additionally, the Poulon Pro 25HHT is just the right size that makes trimming hedges convenient and easy. Since it weighs just 15 pounds, you’ll likely be surprised when you first use it – the lightweight ability is something worth bragging about. Lastly, it’s important to note that this gas hedge trimmer comes packed with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty that assures it won’t malfunction within the first 24 months of ownership. If it does, simply contact Poulon and they’ll take care of you.
Weed Eater GHT195
The Weed Eater GHT195 is a revolutionary gas hedge trimmer that you can use for yard maintenance. It provides effective use for those who are interested in adding a powerful gas trimmer to their arsenal of yard tools. Let’s take a look at what it has to offer consumers…
- Double-sided blade makes cutting possible in either direction.
- Powered by gasoline for the power you expect.
- Cutting width of 19 inches for medium to large tasks.
- Anti-vibration system. Keeps you comfortable and saves your forearms.
- Quiet running 25cc engine.
- Stainless steel blades won’t rust or corrode over time.
- Comfort Touch feature for the right blend of comfort and usability.
- Variable speed trigger for adjusting to the exact cutting power you desire.
The Weed Eater GT195 runs on a 25cc engine that’s fully capable of cutting a width of 19 inches. The stainless steel blades are hardened to sustain repeated use, allowing them to maintain their sharpness to cut through thick hedges and 3/8 inch branches without much effort.
Since it’s powered by gas, you don’t have need any electric power supply to operate it. You won’t ever need to drag around an extension cord or work only where an electrical outlet permits you to do so. This gives you the ability to use it virtually anywhere you please.
Trimming hedges and maintaining your yard with machinery can be quite noisy at times. If there aren’t any noise-eliminating features built in, you’l likely learn how annoying a loud machine can become with continuous use. Luckily, the GT195 utilizes a quiet-operating engine that is less quieter than most gas powered machinery used for yard work. Additionally, the anti-vibration system reduces vibration as you operate, thereby providing you with total comfort and a secure grip.
It’s comfortable grip makes it easy for you to maneuver this machine as you maintain your yard. The level of comfort offered can reduce the stress that you put on while trimming and pruning. This has been known to reduce fatigue and let you complete larger tasks than you once imagined.
Overall, the Weed Eater GHT195 is an excellent choice if you’re currently searching for the best gas powered hedge trimmer for your money. Although it doesn’t have the cutting length of the Poulan Pro’s, it’s still an excellent choice that you’ll likely be pleased with.